Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-current tree with Linus' tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:01:01 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Russell,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-current tree got a conflict in 
> arch/arm/kernel/perf_event.c between commit b88a2595b6d8 ("perf/arm: Fix 
> armpmu_map_hw_event()") from Linus' tree and commit d9f966357b14 ("ARM: 
> 7810/1: perf: Fix array out of bounds access in armpmu_map_hw_event()") 
> from the arm-current tree.
> 
> These are the same patch except for the return code (and the much more 
> comprehensive commit message in the arm-current tree version).  I fixed 
> it up (using the arm-current tree version - return -EINVAL instead of 
> -ENOENT - I have no way to guess which is right) and can carry the fix 
> as necessary (no action is required).

-EINVAL would be the better/cleaner one, so when this gets merged upstream 
we should pick up Russell's version. It does not affect functionality.

Thanks,

	Ingo