Subject: Re: 32337ea "ASoC: warn if we will overwrite the DAI stream widgets"

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 01:01:26 +0100

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 05:28:24PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Russell, if the warning in commit 32337ea "ASoC: warn if we will
> overwrite the DAI stream widgets" fires, what do I need to do to the
> ASoC driver to fix it? (I'm deliberately ignoring any other issues with
> this patch, and looking only to discover what is apparently wrong with
> my driver that's triggering this...).
> 
> Steev Klimaszewski reported this warning to me, and I've repro'd it
> running next-20130827 on a couple of Tegra systems (TrimSlice and
> Seaboard at least), using sound/soc/tegra/tegra_{trimslice,wm8903}.c,
> and associated ASoC components.

I chucked this into linux-next in order to prove that the issue I had
been reporting was not specific to my systems here (because I was making
absolutely no useful progress with Mark.)  Mark finally admitted for the
first time that there's a bug here yesterday, so I've now dropped the
patch out of linux-next (either that's coincidental or cause and effect).
In any case, it's served its purpose.

As for how to solve the underlying problem, I have no idea - I've been
asking the same question of Mark for the last three weeks and just been
getting a load of drivel about "it's because you're using DPCM" and
other *totally useless* suggestions about the code I'm trying to get
working.

Liam says he's working on "a patch" last week, so I assume that this
issue will eventually be resolved.