Subject: Re: [PATCH] ipv6: Unbreak build

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:48:41 +0200

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 07:41:43AM -0700, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 16:14 +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > IPv6 specific fields in struct sock_common are accessed in various
> > places even if IPv6 support is disabled. Fix this by including the
> > fields unconditionally.
> 
> Well no. There is a reason we keep CONFIG_IPV6 at all.
> 
> The right fix is under review :
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/281784/

Yes that's obviously the better fix. In fact doing exactly that was my
first instinct as well, but it seemed to be more invasive and I really
just wanted a temporary fix for the build errors.

I see that David has already applied the above patch, so this band-aid
should no longer be necessary.

Thanks,
Thierry