Subject: Re: Regarding the l2-mtd branch in linux-next

From: Brian Norris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:34:17 -0800

Hi Ezequiel,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 08:46:55AM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> Can you explain in detail the differences between l2-mtd/master and
> l2-mtd/next?
> 
> I'm seeing linux-next merges the former, but instead maybe it should
> be the latter?
> 
> What do you think?

I only created the l2-mtd.git 'next' branch recently because I don't
think linux-next likes to see new stuff during the merge window that's
not going into the current release cycle. So I just queued up stuff in a
different branch temporarily, and I plan to bring it into 'master' on
top of 3.13-rc1 once the merge window closes.

In answer to your second question, then, the inclusion of
l2-mtd.git/master in linux-next is exactly as intended.

I am new at this whole maintainership thing, though, and I could be very
wrong about the intended development process regarding linux-next and
the merge window. I couldn't find much clear documentation regarding
this process. I suppose it's something you learn over time. Any comments
are welcome.

Regards,
Brian