Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree with Linus' tree

From: Jean Delvare <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:45:57 +0100

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:57:33 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict in
> drivers/hwmon/lm90.c between commits from Linus' tree and commits from
> the jdelvare-hwmon tree.
> 
> It looks like the jdelvare-hwmon patch series has been reset back
> (unintentionally?) to stuff that has already been merged into Linus'
> tree ... so I just used the version from Linus' tree.

Oops. Yes, that was totally unintentional.

I had my ISP change some settings for my web hosting, and all my data
was deleted in the process. I kind of expected that, so I made a
complete backup before asking for the change. Unfortunately I did not
expect them to take so long to acknowledge my request and act upon it,
so when I restored my backup, my web space indeed went back in time by
several weeks.

I manually updated everything I remembered having touched during that
time frame, but as you spotted rightly, I forgot my kernel patch series.

This is all fixed now, sorry for the noise and thanks for letting me
know.

-- 
Jean Delvare