Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the device-mapper tree

From: Mike Snitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:30:47 -0500

On Tue, Jan 14 2014 at 10:52pm -0500,
Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the device-mapper tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_get_device_size" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_release" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_client_destroy" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_prefetch" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_set_minimum_buffers" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_forget" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_client_create" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: ".dm_bufio_read" [drivers/md/dm-snapshot.ko] undefined!
> 
> Presumably caused by commit b41bf7440bcf ("dm snapshot: use dm-bufio").

Hi Stephen,

That commit was missing a Kconfig update to have DM_SNAPSHOT select
DM_BUFIO.  I've rebased the "dm snapshot: use dm-bufio" commit to include
the Kconfig change and pushed to 'for-next'.

Thanks,
Mike