Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kvm tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:55:13 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the kvm tree, today's linux-next build (20140311)
failed like this:

/home/broonie/next/next/arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c: In function 'nested_vmx_setup_ctls_msrs':
/home/broonie/next/next/arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c:2292:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'vmx_mpx_supported' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  if (vmx_mpx_supported())
  ^
/home/broonie/next/next/arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c: At top level:
/home/broonie/next/next/arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c:7036:13: error: conflicting types for 'vmx_mpx_supported'
 static bool vmx_mpx_supported(void)
             ^
/home/broonie/next/next/arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c:2292:6: note: previous implicit declaration of 'vmx_mpx_supported' was here
  if (vmx_mpx_supported())
      ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [arch/x86/kvm/vmx.o] Error 1

I have used the version from next-20140307 instead.