Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC 00/16] compat: convert to COMPAT_SYSCALL_DEFINE

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:09:44 +0000

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 08:32:30AM +0100, Heiko Carstens wrote:

> I obviously missed that you are currently handling linux-next, so I sent my
> request to Stephen yesterday :)

> Could you add the

>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git compat

> to linux-next, please?

OK, I think I did this but it's entirely possible I'm not driving the
scripts correctly so things might explode.  Take a look tomorrow :)  You
should also make sure this is handed over to Stephen when he's back from
vacation next week.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.
As you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series
have been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
	Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees.  You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next.  These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc.  The linux-next tree
project, Linaro (my employer) and IBM (Stephen's employer) make no
warranties regarding the linux-next project, the testing procedures, the
results, the e-mails, etc.  If you don't agree to these ground rules,
let me know and I'll remove your tree from participation in linux-next.