Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the usb-gadget tree with the usb tree

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:11:10 -0500

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 03:20:44PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the usb-gadget tree got a conflict in
> drivers/usb/phy/phy-mv-u3d-usb.c between commit 543cab640279 ("usb: phy:
> mv_u3d: Remove usb phy driver for mv_u3d") from the usb tree and commit
> 041832565e40 ("usb: phy: mv-u3d: switch over to writel/readl") from the
> usb-gadget tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (the former removes the file, so I did that) and can carry
> the fix as necessary (no action is required).

I actually rejected that patch as you can see from the archives:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=139758276329167&w=2

I said that it doesn't break anything and can even build in any
architecture if we switch over to writel/readl instead of _relaxed
versions which are only available on ARM (afaict).

Greg, looks like this commit went in your tree by mistake.

cheers

-- 
balbi