Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mmc tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:11:15 +1000

Hi Ulf,

On Fri, 9 May 2014 09:41:39 +0200 Ulf Hansson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Within this context; while Chris is being busy, I would be able to
> help out better as co-maintainer - if we would add my published mmc
> git tree, into your linux-next merge. Could you do that?
> 
> My intent at this point, is to get patches tested in linux-next, but
> still get them merged via Chris' mmc tree. Does that make sense?
> 
> Here is my git tree:
> git://git.linaro.org/people/ulf.hansson/mmc.git
> 
> I have added a next branch, currently it points to the commit for
> "Linux 3.15-rc4", so it holds no patches yet.

Added from today. Chris, if this is a problem, give me a heads up.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]