Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:59:52 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/powerpc/net/bpf_jit_comp.c:16:0:
include/linux/if_vlan.h: In function 'vlan_get_encap_level':
include/linux/if_vlan.h:491:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'vlan_dev_priv' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  return vlan_dev_priv(dev)->nest_level;
  ^
include/linux/if_vlan.h:491:27: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
  return vlan_dev_priv(dev)->nest_level;
                           ^

Caused by commit 44a4085538c8 ("bonding: Fix stacked device detection
in arp monitoring").

vlan_dev_priv() is protected by:

#if defined(CONFIG_VLAN_8021Q) || defined(CONFIG_VLAN_8021Q_MODULE)

but the newly added call in vlan_get_encap_level() is not.

I have used the net tree from next-20140519 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]