Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the target-updates tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:11:59 +1000

Hi Nicholas,

After merging the target-updates tree, today's linux-next build
(powerpc ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/scsi/virtio_scsi.c: In function 'virtio_scsi_init_hdr_pi':
drivers/scsi/virtio_scsi.c:491:48: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
   cmd_pi->pi_bytesout = blk_rq_sectors(rq) * bi->tuple_size;
                                                ^
drivers/scsi/virtio_scsi.c:493:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
   cmd_pi->pi_bytesin = blk_rq_sectors(rq) * bi->tuple_size;
                                               ^

Caused by commit 4baaa7d589e2 ("virtio-scsi: Enable DIF/DIX modes in
SCSI host LLD").  A missing include of linux/blkdev.h.  See Rule 1 in
Documentation/SubmitChecklist.

I have used the target-updates tree from next-20140522 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]