Subject: Re: nommu build failures on ARM in linux-next

From: Robert Schwebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:58:30 +0200

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:40:12AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> Even so, I suspect even with this build problem solved, that's not going
> to be the end of the story for noMMU breakage... it's certainly something
> that gets very little testing by anyone.  I suspect it should be removed
> from the mainline kernel tree rather than being a constant source of these
> kinds of problems.

Uwe can have a look next week.

Taken that it took *ages* to get Cortex-M3 support in mainline and taken
that it might become more interesting with the upcoming generation of
FPGAs and Cortex-A SoCs with an additional Cortex-M, it would be pretty
bad to lose NOMMU again.

rsc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |