Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 13:54:44 +1000

Hi Dave,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c between commit ba6f58260665
("drm/crtc-helper: skip locking checks in panicking path") from Linus'
tree and commits 6e9f798d91c5 ("drm: Split connection_mutex out of
mode_config.mutex (v3)") and 51fd371bbaf9 ("drm: convert crtc and
connection_mutex to ww_mutex (v5)") from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (not sure if entirely correctly - see below) and can
carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c
index 872ba11c4533,eb1c062e04b2..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc_helper.c
@@@ -89,13 -88,8 +89,14 @@@ bool drm_helper_encoder_in_use(struct d
  	struct drm_connector *connector;
  	struct drm_device *dev = encoder->dev;
  
 -	WARN_ON(!mutex_is_locked(&dev->mode_config.mutex));
 -	WARN_ON(!drm_modeset_is_locked(&dev->mode_config.connection_mutex));
 +	/*
 +	 * We can expect this mutex to be locked if we are not panicking.
 +	 * Locking is currently fubar in the panic handler.
 +	 */
- 	if (!oops_in_progress)
++	if (!oops_in_progress) {
 +		WARN_ON(!mutex_is_locked(&dev->mode_config.mutex));
- 
++		WARN_ON(!drm_modeset_is_locked(&dev->mode_config.connection_mutex));
++	}
  	list_for_each_entry(connector, &dev->mode_config.connector_list, head)
  		if (connector->encoder == encoder)
  			return true;