Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:16:52 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

mm/memcontrol.c:6674:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
mm/memcontrol.c: In function 'mem_cgroup_move_charge_pmd':
mm/memcontrol.c:6906:37: error: 'ptl' undeclared (first use in this function)
  if (pmd_trans_huge_lock(pmd, vma, &ptl) == 1) {
                                     ^

Caused by commit ce1c26c7ca47 ("memcg: separate
mem_cgroup_move_charge_pte_range()") - uncovered by my previous reverts.

I have reverted that commit and commit 2fba70f78e45
("memcg-separate-mem_cgroup_move_charge_pte_range-checkpatch-fixes")
that depends on it for today.

Which lead to:

mm/memcontrol.c: In function 'mem_cgroup_count_precharge_pmd':
mm/memcontrol.c:6674:3: error: 'skip' undeclared (first use in this function)
   skip->control = PTWALK_DOWN;
   ^

Caused by commit 7170d5e9623b ("mm/pagewalk: replace mm_walk->skip with
more general mm_walk->control").

At this point I got fed up and just dropped the akpm trees completely for today.

Was this stuff really meant for v3.16?
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]