Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:31:21 -0700

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:16:52 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> At this point I got fed up and just dropped the akpm trees completely for today.
> 
> Was this stuff really meant for v3.16?

3.14 actually.  Then 3.15.  Now 3.16.

It's been quiet a burden and seems to have been hitting more problems
lately.  It's unclear than it does much for efficiency and while the
end result may be clearer to a newcomer, there's a cost to existing
developers in churning the code around.

So...  I think I'll drop this version of the patchset.  Naoya, please
grab all the patches as they fly past and ensure that nothing gets lost
in any future version, thanks.

I'll retain 

mm-hugetlbfs-fix-rmapping-for-anonymous-hugepages-with-page_pgoff.patch
mm-hugetlbfs-fix-rmapping-for-anonymous-hugepages-with-page_pgoff-v2.patch
mm-hugetlbfs-fix-rmapping-for-anonymous-hugepages-with-page_pgoff-v3.patch
mm-hugetlbfs-fix-rmapping-for-anonymous-hugepages-with-page_pgoff-v3-fix.patch

and shall drop

pagewalk-update-page-table-walker-core.patch
pagewalk-update-page-table-walker-core-fix-end-address-calculation-in-walk_page_range.patch
pagewalk-update-page-table-walker-core-fix-end-address-calculation-in-walk_page_range-fix.patch
pagewalk-update-page-table-walker-core-fix.patch
pagewalk-add-walk_page_vma.patch
smaps-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker.patch
clear_refs-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker.patch
pagemap-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker.patch
pagemap-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker-fix.patch
numa_maps-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker.patch
memcg-redefine-callback-functions-for-page-table-walker.patch
arch-powerpc-mm-subpage-protc-use-walk_page_vma-instead-of-walk_page_range.patch
pagewalk-remove-argument-hmask-from-hugetlb_entry.patch
pagewalk-remove-argument-hmask-from-hugetlb_entry-fix.patch
pagewalk-remove-argument-hmask-from-hugetlb_entry-fix-fix.patch
mempolicy-apply-page-table-walker-on-queue_pages_range.patch
mm-pagewalkc-move-pte-null-check.patch
mm-prom-pid-clear_refs-avoid-split_huge_page.patch
mm-pagewalk-remove-pgd_entry-and-pud_entry.patch
mm-pagewalk-replace-mm_walk-skip-with-more-general-mm_walk-control.patch
mm-pagewalk-replace-mm_walk-skip-with-more-general-mm_walk-control-fix.patch
madvise-cleanup-swapin_walk_pmd_entry.patch
madvise-cleanup-swapin_walk_pmd_entry-fix.patch
memcg-separate-mem_cgroup_move_charge_pte_range.patch
memcg-separate-mem_cgroup_move_charge_pte_range-checkpatch-fixes.patch
arch-powerpc-mm-subpage-protc-cleanup-subpage_walk_pmd_entry.patch
mm-pagewalk-move-pmd_trans_huge_lock-from-callbacks-to-common-code.patch
mm-pagewalk-move-pmd_trans_huge_lock-from-callbacks-to-common-code-checkpatch-fixes.patch
mincore-apply-page-table-walker-on-do_mincore.patch
mincore-apply-page-table-walker-on-do_mincore-fix.patch

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>