Subject: Re: linux-next: the cgroup tree has an unnecessary merge

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:54:03 -0400

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 06:51:59PM -0400, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello, Stephen.
> 
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 08:49:21AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > The cgroup tree has a merge of 963649d735c8 and c731ae1d0f02 both of
> > which are already merged into v3.16-rc1.  Why did you just not use
> > v3.16-rc1 itself (or the point where Linus merged your tree) (and then
> > add the other commit on top?  That would have removed any chance that
> > you resolved the merged differently to how it was resolved in Linus'
> > tree (I don't know if there is a difference, but I have had conflicts
> > from different merge resolutions in the past).
> 
> Oops, my mistake.  Reset to for-3.16-fixes.

Heh, the mistake was in cgroup/for-3.16-fixes.  I branched it off the
wrong base.  Thanks for noticing it early.  Fixed now.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun