Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the iommu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:02:46 +1000

Hi Joerg,

After merging the iommu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o:(.opd+0x29e8): multiple definition of `iommu_device_destroy'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.opd+0x5628): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.iommu_device_unlink':
(.text+0x13240): multiple definition of `.iommu_device_unlink'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.text+0x2b240): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.iommu_device_create':
(.text+0x13210): multiple definition of `.iommu_device_create'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.text+0x2b210): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.iommu_device_destroy':
(.text+0x13220): multiple definition of `.iommu_device_destroy'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.text+0x2b220): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.iommu_device_link':
(.text+0x13230): multiple definition of `.iommu_device_link'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.text+0x2b230): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2a00): multiple definition of `iommu_device_link'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.opd+0x5640): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2a18): multiple definition of `iommu_device_unlink'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.opd+0x5658): first defined here
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o:(.opd+0x29d0): multiple definition of `iommu_device_create'
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o:(.opd+0x5610): first defined here

Caused by commit c61959ecbbc6 ("iommu: Add sysfs support for IOMMUs").
CONFIG_IOMMU_API is not set for this build.  Forgotten "static
inline"s :-(

I have used the iommu tree from next-20140707 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]