Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the ia64 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:00:00 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the ia64 tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings (though presumably it started
yesterday):

In file included from include/ras/ras_event.h:11:0,
                 from drivers/ras/ras.c:13:
include/linux/aer.h:42:58: warning: 'struct pci_dev' declared inside parameter list
 static inline int pci_enable_pcie_error_reporting(struct pci_dev *dev)
                                                          ^
include/linux/aer.h:42:58: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
include/linux/aer.h:46:59: warning: 'struct pci_dev' declared inside parameter list
 static inline int pci_disable_pcie_error_reporting(struct pci_dev *dev)
                                                           ^
include/linux/aer.h:50:65: warning: 'struct pci_dev' declared inside parameter list
 static inline int pci_cleanup_aer_uncorrect_error_status(struct pci_dev *dev)
                                                                 ^
include/linux/aer.h:57:14: warning: 'struct pci_dev' declared inside parameter list
       struct aer_capability_regs *aer);
              ^

Introduced by commit 76ac8275f296 ("trace, RAS: Add basic RAS trace
event") and following patches.

So, presumably, aer.h either needs to include pci.h or, at least, have a

struct pci_dev;

line in it.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]