Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 16

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:14:57 +1000

Hi Nick,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 22:01:35 -0400 Nick Krause <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Absolutely , I am using the latest kernel rc from git. I am using gcc
> 4.8.3 and binutils 2.83.91.

Then that has nothing to do with me ... I am the linux-next
maintainer.  I just happen to use the same build test system as is also
used to test Linus' tree (kisskb).  I hope you are looking at the right
result pages for what you are testing.  The URL I gave you was for the
linux-next builds, not Linus' tree.

> In addition I am using  the default configurations as you are in less
> I am doing it differently.
> By the way xtensa-defconfig seems to fail because of binutils as I
> discussed this with
> the maintainers and they seemed to have tested it with a newer upstream binutils
> then I am using and it succeeded it the linking failures I am seeing with it.

Maybe we need per architecture minimum tools versions (instead of
current global one).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]