Subject: Re: Build allyesconfig for PowerPc tested

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:03:25 +1000

Hi Nick,

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:49:29 -0400 Nick Krause <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> For a while allyesconfig for powerpc seemed to fail building I ran the
> test today to check if
> it builds. It seems to build for me but with warnings. Furthermore
> there seem to be a few
> warnings that need clean up. I can either send another email to the
> maintainers of the powerpc
> architecture branch or you can with my logs as I am attaching them here,

Powerpc allyesconfig will not build completely, this has been known for
a long time.  Even your log shows it failing, so I do not understand
what you are saying.  (BTW, that is not the normal way for the build to
fail, it will always fail when trying to link vmlinux.  Maybe you are
missing some tool to build the kernel signing keys?)

You should report warnings/failures in subsystems to the appropriate
subsyetem maintainer, just because you get these for a particular
architecture does not mean that they are the responsibility of that
architecture maintainer.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]