Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the crypto tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:08:01 +1000

Hi Herbert,

After merging the crypto tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced these messages:

fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:error: recursive dependency detected!
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:	symbol SYSFS is selected by AT91_ADC
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig:110:	symbol AT91_ADC depends on IIO
drivers/iio/Kconfig:5:	symbol IIO is selected by RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME
drivers/rtc/Kconfig:1370:	symbol RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME depends on USB_HID
drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig:4:	symbol USB_HID depends on USB
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:	symbol USB is selected by MOUSE_APPLETOUCH
drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig:162:	symbol MOUSE_APPLETOUCH depends on INPUT
drivers/input/Kconfig:8:	symbol INPUT is selected by VT
drivers/tty/Kconfig:12:	symbol VT is selected by FB_STI
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:652:	symbol FB_STI depends on FB
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:5:	symbol FB is selected by DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:39:	symbol DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER is selected by DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:74:	symbol DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER is selected by DRM_TILCDC
drivers/gpu/drm/tilcdc/Kconfig:1:	symbol DRM_TILCDC depends on OF
drivers/of/Kconfig:4:	symbol OF is selected by CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD
drivers/crypto/ccp/Kconfig:1:	symbol CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD depends on CRYPTO
crypto/Kconfig:15:	symbol CRYPTO is selected by IP_SCTP
net/sctp/Kconfig:5:	symbol IP_SCTP is selected by DLM
fs/dlm/Kconfig:1:	symbol DLM depends on SYSFS

The x86_64 allmodconfig build produced these:

scripts/kconfig/conf --allmodconfig Kconfig
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:	symbol USB is selected by MOUSE_APPLETOUCH
drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig:162:	symbol MOUSE_APPLETOUCH depends on INPUT
drivers/input/Kconfig:8:	symbol INPUT is selected by VT
drivers/tty/Kconfig:12:	symbol VT is selected by FB_STI
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:652:	symbol FB_STI depends on FB
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:5:	symbol FB is selected by DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:39:	symbol DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER is selected by DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:74:	symbol DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER is selected by DRM_TILCDC
drivers/gpu/drm/tilcdc/Kconfig:1:	symbol DRM_TILCDC depends on OF
drivers/of/Kconfig:4:	symbol OF is selected by CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD
drivers/crypto/ccp/Kconfig:1:	symbol CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD depends on CRYPTO
crypto/Kconfig:15:	symbol CRYPTO is selected by IP_SCTP
net/sctp/Kconfig:5:	symbol IP_SCTP is selected by DLM
fs/dlm/Kconfig:1:	symbol DLM depends on SYSFS
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:	symbol SYSFS is selected by AT91_ADC
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig:110:	symbol AT91_ADC depends on IIO
drivers/iio/Kconfig:5:	symbol IIO is selected by RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME
drivers/rtc/Kconfig:1370:	symbol RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME depends on USB_HID
drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig:4:	symbol USB_HID depends on USB

And then the arm multi_v7_defconfig build produced these:

drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:	symbol USB is selected by MOUSE_APPLETOUCH
drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig:162:	symbol MOUSE_APPLETOUCH depends on INPUT
drivers/input/Kconfig:8:	symbol INPUT is selected by VT
drivers/tty/Kconfig:12:	symbol VT is selected by FB_STI
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:652:	symbol FB_STI depends on FB
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:5:	symbol FB is selected by DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:39:	symbol DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER is selected by DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:74:	symbol DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER is selected by DRM_TILCDC
drivers/gpu/drm/tilcdc/Kconfig:1:	symbol DRM_TILCDC depends on OF
drivers/of/Kconfig:4:	symbol OF is selected by CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD
drivers/crypto/ccp/Kconfig:1:	symbol CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD depends on CRYPTO
crypto/Kconfig:15:	symbol CRYPTO is selected by IP_SCTP
net/sctp/Kconfig:5:	symbol IP_SCTP is selected by DLM
fs/dlm/Kconfig:1:	symbol DLM depends on SYSFS
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:	symbol SYSFS is selected by AT91_ADC
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig:110:	symbol AT91_ADC depends on IIO
drivers/iio/Kconfig:5:	symbol IIO is selected by RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME
drivers/rtc/Kconfig:1370:	symbol RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME depends on USB_HID
drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig:4:	symbol USB_HID depends on USB
#
# configuration written to .config
#
WITHOUT_CCACHE: 
WITHOUT_DISTCC: 
ARCH=arm
CCVER=4.9.0
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/usb/Kconfig:41:	symbol USB is selected by MOUSE_APPLETOUCH
drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig:162:	symbol MOUSE_APPLETOUCH depends on INPUT
drivers/input/Kconfig:8:	symbol INPUT is selected by VT
drivers/tty/Kconfig:12:	symbol VT is selected by FB_STI
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:652:	symbol FB_STI depends on FB
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:5:	symbol FB is selected by DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:39:	symbol DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER is selected by DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:74:	symbol DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER is selected by DRM_TILCDC
drivers/gpu/drm/tilcdc/Kconfig:1:	symbol DRM_TILCDC depends on OF
drivers/of/Kconfig:4:	symbol OF is selected by CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD
drivers/crypto/ccp/Kconfig:1:	symbol CRYPTO_DEV_CCP_DD depends on CRYPTO
crypto/Kconfig:15:	symbol CRYPTO is selected by IP_SCTP
net/sctp/Kconfig:5:	symbol IP_SCTP is selected by DLM
fs/dlm/Kconfig:1:	symbol DLM depends on SYSFS
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:	symbol SYSFS is selected by AT91_ADC
drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig:110:	symbol AT91_ADC depends on IIO
drivers/iio/Kconfig:5:	symbol IIO is selected by RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME
drivers/rtc/Kconfig:1370:	symbol RTC_DRV_HID_SENSOR_TIME depends on USB_HID
drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig:4:	symbol USB_HID depends on USB
*
* Restart config...
*
*
* USB HID Boot Protocol drivers
*
USB HIDBP Keyboard (simple Boot) support (USB_KBD) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) aborted!

Console input/output is redirected. Run 'make oldconfig' to update configuration.

I am not sure exactly what caused all this, but it is probably commit
126ae9adc1ec ("crypto: ccp - Base AXI DMA cache settings on device
tree").

I have used the version of the crypto tree from next-20140723 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]