Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the gpio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:31:53 +1000

Hi Linus,

After merging the gpio tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-paz00.c:20:0:
include/linux/gpio/machine.h:24:2: error: unknown type name 'u16'
  u16 chip_hwnum;
  ^
include/linux/gpio/machine.h:31:19: error: field 'list' has incomplete type
  struct list_head list;
                   ^

Caused by commit 0a6d315827ee ("gpio: split gpiod board registration
into machine header") or an interaction of that with commit
a0524acc94c9 ("ARM: tegra: Sort includes alphabetically") from the
arm-soc tree.

linux/gpio/machine.h needs to include some of the same files that
linux/gpio/driver.h does.  See Rule 1 in Documentation/SubmitChecklist.

I have used the version of the gpio tree from next-20140728 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]