Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-tegra tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:18:32 +1000

Hi Thierry,

After merging the drm-tegra tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/asm-generic/bug.h:13:0,
                 from arch/arm/include/asm/bug.h:61,
                 from include/linux/bug.h:4,
                 from include/linux/scatterlist.h:5,
                 from include/linux/dma-buf.h:29,
                 from drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/gem.c:16:
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/gem.c: In function 'tegra_bo_dumb_create':
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/gem.c:265:39: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
  min_pitch = round_up(min_pitch, tegra->pitch_align);
                                       ^
include/linux/kernel.h:62:46: note: in definition of macro '__round_mask'
 #define __round_mask(x, y) ((__typeof__(x))((y)-1))
                                              ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/gem.c:265:14: note: in expansion of macro 'round_up'
  min_pitch = round_up(min_pitch, tegra->pitch_align);
              ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dc.c: In function 'tegra_dc_init':
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dc.c:1300:29: error: 'tegra' undeclared (first use in this function)
  if (dc->soc->pitch_align > tegra->pitch_align)
                             ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dc.c:1300:29: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Caused by commit 26861f43da4e ("drm/tegra: Properly align stride for
framebuffers").

I have used the drm-tegra tree from next-20140801 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]