Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pwm tree

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 00:06:16 +0200

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 07:07:37AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
> 
> After merging the pwm tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc allyesconfig)
> failed like this:
> 
> drivers/pwm/pwm-lpss.c: In function 'pwm_lpss_config':
> drivers/pwm/pwm-lpss.c:81:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'readl' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   ctrl = readl(lpwm->regs + PWM);
>   ^
> drivers/pwm/pwm-lpss.c:87:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'writel' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   writel(ctrl, lpwm->regs + PWM);
>   ^
> 
> Caused by commit 28160b18787b ("pwm: lpss: Properly split driver to
> parts").
> 
> I have reverted that commit for today (and 06c7b5394e21 ("pwm: lpss:
> pci: Move to use pcim_enable_device()") which depends on it).

Ugh, that's unfortunate. I have a set of scripts I use to build-test
before pushing, but I don't usually do full allyesconfig builds. It
seems like pwm-lpss.c might only be missing a linux/io.h include. It
will likely be Monday before I find the time to properly test and fix
this, do you want me to remove the commits from the pwm/for-next branch
so you don't have to revert it again?

Thierry