Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:35:02 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:132: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/prctl.h:23:0,
                 from Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-test.c:14:
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:132:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:133:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:134:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:135:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:136:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:137:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:138:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:139:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:140:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:141:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:142:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:143:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:144:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:145:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/prctl.h:23:0,
                 from Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-ctxt-sw-stress-test.c:19:
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:132:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:133:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:134:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:135:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:136:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:137:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:138:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:139:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:140:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:141:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:142:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:143:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:144:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:145:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
make[3]: *** [Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-test] Error 1
make[3]: *** [Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-ctxt-sw-stress-test] Error 1
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/prctl.h:23:0,
                 from Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-on-off-stress-test.c:19:
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:132:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:133:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:134:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:135:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:136:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:137:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:138:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:139:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:140:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:141:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:142:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:143:2: error: unknown type name '__u64'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:144:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
./usr/include/linux/prctl.h:145:2: error: unknown type name '__u32'
make[3]: *** [Documentation/prctl/disable-tsc-on-off-stress-test] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Documentation/prctl] Error 2

Caused by commit 802d335c0f7f ("prctl: PR_SET_MM -- introduce
PR_SET_MM_MAP operation").

I have reverted that commit (and commit c2e04b241d40
("prctl-pr_set_mm-introduce-pr_set_mm_map-operation-v3-fix") that
follows it) for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/