Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:22:08 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (arm
defconfig) produced these warnings:

In file included from /scratch/sfr/next/include/asm-generic/bug.h:13:0,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/arch/arm/include/asm/bug.h:61,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/bug.h:4,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/thread_info.h:11,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/asm-generic/preempt.h:4,
                 from arch/arm/include/generated/asm/preempt.h:1,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/preempt.h:18,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/spinlock.h:50,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/mmzone.h:7,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/gfp.h:5,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/slab.h:14,
                 from /scratch/sfr/next/mm/nobootmem.c:13:
/scratch/sfr/next/mm/nobootmem.c: In function 'free_low_memory_core_early':
/scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/kernel.h:29:20: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]
 #define ULLONG_MAX (~0ULL)
                    ^
/scratch/sfr/next/mm/nobootmem.c:122:28: note: in expansion of macro 'ULLONG_MAX'
  memblock_clear_hotplug(0, ULLONG_MAX);
                            ^

Introduced by commit 6e162b4c49f7 ("mem-hotplug: let memblock skip the
hotpluggable memory regions in __next_mem_range()").  The second
argument to memblock_clear_hotplug() is a phys_addr_t, which varies in
size between architectures/platforms.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]