Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the percpu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:22:43 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the percpu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/powerpc/include/asm/xics.h:9:0,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:47:
include/linux/interrupt.h:372:0: warning: "set_softirq_pending" redefined
 #define set_softirq_pending(x) (local_softirq_pending() = (x))
 ^
In file included from include/linux/hardirq.h:8:0,
                 from include/linux/memcontrol.h:24,
                 from include/linux/swap.h:8,
                 from include/linux/suspend.h:4,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:24:
arch/powerpc/include/asm/hardirq.h:25:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define set_softirq_pending(x) __this_cpu_write(irq_stat._softirq_pending, (x))
 ^

I got lots (and lots :-() of these and some were considered errors
(powerpc is built with -Werr in arch/powerpc).

Caused by commit 5828f666c069 ("powerpc: Replace __get_cpu_var uses").

I have used the percpu tree from next-20140826 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]