Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:48:30 +1000

Hi all,

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:58:09 -0700 Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I see a large number of build failures with this kernel.
> 
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c: In function 'dma_common_contiguous_remap':
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c:294:2: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'dma_common_pages_remap' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c:294:6: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
> without a cast [enabled by default]
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c: At top level:
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c:305:7: error: conflicting types for
> 'dma_common_pages_remap'
> drivers/base/dma-mapping.c:294:8: note: previous implicit declaration of
> 'dma_common_pages_remap' was here
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[2]: *** [drivers/base/dma-mapping.o] Error 1

Caused by commit fa44abcad042 ("common: dma-mapping: introduce common
remapping functions") from the akpm-current tree.  I will attempt to
revert that commit today, but I may need to also revert the following 2
commits as well:

arm: use genalloc for the atomic pool
arm64: add atomic pool for non-coherent and CMA allocations

though I am not sure.  Hopefully someone will let me know in the next
few hours ...

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]