Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 19:45:57 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

mm/page_alloc.c: In function 'dump_vma':
mm/page_alloc.c:6742:46: error: request for member 'pgprot' in something not a structure or union
   vma->vm_prev, vma->vm_mm, vma->vm_page_prot.pgprot,
                                              ^

Caused by commit d1305f0fa17f ("mm: introduce dump_vma").  pgprot_t on
PPC is normally (i.e. unless STRICT_MM_TYPECHECKS is explicitly
defined) just an "unsigned long" (see
arch/powerpc/include/asm/page.h).  This is true for several other
architectures as well.

I added this fix patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 19:41:54 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] mm: introduce dump_vma fix 2

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 mm/page_alloc.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/mm/page_alloc.c b/mm/page_alloc.c
index cb510c08073b..0de60769bcf6 100644
--- a/mm/page_alloc.c
+++ b/mm/page_alloc.c
@@ -6739,7 +6739,7 @@ void dump_vma(const struct vm_area_struct *vma)
 		"prot %lx anon_vma %p vm_ops %p\n"
 		"pgoff %lx file %p private_data %p\n",
 		vma, (void *)vma->vm_start, (void *)vma->vm_end, vma->vm_next,
-		vma->vm_prev, vma->vm_mm, vma->vm_page_prot.pgprot,
+		vma->vm_prev, vma->vm_mm, pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot),
 		vma->anon_vma, vma->vm_ops, vma->vm_pgoff,
 		vma->vm_file, vma->vm_private_data);
 	dump_flags(vma->vm_flags, vmaflags_names, ARRAY_SIZE(vmaflags_names));
-- 
2.1.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]