Subject: Re: Request to add linux-kselftest to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 09:23:27 +1000

Hi Shuah,

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:52:45 -0600 Shuah Khan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Could you please add linux-kselftest tree to linux-next.
> I plan to maintain two branches:
> 
> linux-kselftest for Kselftest Framework
> 
> fixes - Contains changes intended for merging before the next major
>         release, including fixes for regressions introduced during
>         merge window.
> next  - Contains changes intended for merging during the next merge
>         window between a major release and -rc1.

I have added these branches at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git
from today with just you as the contact in case of conflicts or build
issues.  The trees are called kselftest-fixes and kselftest in
linux-next.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]