Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tiny tree

From: Josh Triplett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 22:59:27 -0700

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 02:57:11PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Josh,
> 
> After merging the tiny tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> mm/built-in.o: In function `.isolate_migratepages_range':
> (.text+0x2fbd8): undefined reference to `.balloon_page_isolate'
> mm/built-in.o: In function `.putback_movable_pages':
> (.text+0x713c4): undefined reference to `.balloon_page_putback'
> mm/built-in.o: In function `.migrate_pages':
> (.text+0x72a00): undefined reference to `.balloon_page_migrate'
> 
> Caused by commit b37a3fee8450 ("mm: Disable mm/balloon_compaction.c
> completely when !CONFIG_VIRTIO_BALLOON").
> 
> I have reverted that commit for today.

Strange.  That commit compiled just fine here with several
configurations; I'll investigate what's up with ppc64_defconfig.
Will revert for now.

- Josh Triplett