Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the battery tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:22:06 +1000

Hi Sebastian,

After merging the battery tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig and x86_64 allmodconfig) produced this warning:

fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:error: recursive dependency detected!
fs/sysfs/Kconfig:1:	symbol SYSFS is selected by CHARGER_MAX14577
drivers/power/Kconfig:327:	symbol CHARGER_MAX14577 depends on POWER_SUPPLY
drivers/power/Kconfig:1:	symbol POWER_SUPPLY is selected by HID_SONY
drivers/hid/Kconfig:649:	symbol HID_SONY depends on NEW_LEDS
drivers/leds/Kconfig:8:	symbol NEW_LEDS is selected by SENSORS_APPLESMC
drivers/hwmon/Kconfig:299:	symbol SENSORS_APPLESMC depends on HWMON
drivers/hwmon/Kconfig:5:	symbol HWMON is selected by EEEPC_LAPTOP
drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig:496:	symbol EEEPC_LAPTOP depends on HOTPLUG_PCI
drivers/pci/hotplug/Kconfig:5:	symbol HOTPLUG_PCI depends on SYSFS

Caused by commit e30110e9c96f ("charger: max14577: Configure
battery-dependent settings from DTS and sysfs").  Consider depending on
SYSFS instead of selecting it ... or maybe making your driver work even
without it.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]