Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tty tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:30:36 +1000

Hi Greg,

After merging the tty tree, today's linux-next build (arm multi_v7_defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from init/do_mounts.c:15:0:
include/linux/tty.h:267:9: error: width of 'unused' exceeds its type
         unused:62;
         ^
include/linux/tty.h:271:9: error: width of 'unused_ctrl' exceeds its type
         unused_ctrl:55;
         ^
In file included from init/main.c:28:0:
include/linux/tty.h:267:9: error: width of 'unused' exceeds its type
         unused:62;
         ^
include/linux/tty.h:271:9: error: width of 'unused_ctrl' exceeds its type
         unused_ctrl:55;
         ^
In file included from include/linux/serial_core.h:29:0,
                 from include/linux/serial_s3c.h:236,
                 from arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c:15:
include/linux/tty.h:267:9: error: width of 'unused' exceeds its type
         unused:62;
         ^
include/linux/tty.h:271:9: error: width of 'unused_ctrl' exceeds its type
         unused_ctrl:55;
         ^
In file included from include/linux/serial_core.h:29:0,
                 from include/linux/platform_data/serial-omap.h:20,
                 from arch/arm/mach-omap2/serial.c:30:
include/linux/tty.h:267:9: error: width of 'unused' exceeds its type
         unused:62;
         ^
include/linux/tty.h:271:9: error: width of 'unused_ctrl' exceeds its type
         unused_ctrl:55;
         ^

Caused by commits c545b66c6922 ("tty: Serialize tcflow() with other tty
flow control changes") and 99416322dd16 ("tty: Workaround Alpha
non-atomic byte storage in tty_struct").  There are still 32 bit
architectures out there!  ;-)

I have used the tty tree from next-20140924 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]