Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the arm tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:52:10 +0100

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:27:49AM +0100, Daniel Thompson wrote:
> On 26/09/14 09:18, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:23:44AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
> >> arch/arm/Kconfig.debug between commits 0889a9e35bd3 ("ARM: 8142/1:
> >> ks8695: Migrate debug_ll macros to shared directory"), e38c399ca584
> >> ("ARM: 8144/2: netx: Migrate DEBUG_LL macros to shared directory"),
> >> 6741cacfa3f1 ("ARM: 8145/1: sa1100: Migrate DEBUG_LL macros to shared
> >> directory") and debf843bf7ee ("ARM: 8146/1: Seperate DEBUG_UART_PHYS
> >> from DEBUG_LL on EP93XX") from the arm tree and commits d8a00916b303
> >> ("ARM: meson: debug: add debug UART for earlyprintk support"),
> >> b125170a39ea ("CNS3xxx: Fix debug UART") and b51312bebfa4 ("ARM:
> >> BCM63XX: add low-level UART debug support") from the arm-soc tree.
> >>
> >> I fixed it up (hopefully - see below) and can carry the fix as
> >> necessary (no action is required).
> >>
> >> You may be able to clean some of this up by using intermediate config
> >> symbols that are selected by the low level symbols and depended upon by
> >> the higher level config symbols.
> > 
> > Actually, I'll drop the patch set I have.  I didn't spot this earlier,
> > but people seem to have a hard time sorting stuff numerically:
> > 
> >         default 0xffd82340 if ARCH_IOP13XX
> > +       default 0xfffb0000 if DEBUG_OMAP1UART1 || DEBUG_OMAP7XXUART1
> > +       default 0xfffb0800 if DEBUG_OMAP1UART2 || DEBUG_OMAP7XXUART2
> > +       default 0xfffb9800 if DEBUG_OMAP1UART3 || DEBUG_OMAP7XXUART3
> >         default 0xfff36000 if DEBUG_HIGHBANK_UART
> 
> Oops. This is disappointing from my point-of-view but there's no one to
> blame but me.
> 
> I have fixed this in my tree and will requeue for 3.19.

Okay, I've dropped 8141/1 onwards, so the only patches I have from your
series are:

ep93xx: Enable DEBUG_LL_UART_PL01X
versatile: Enable DEBUG_LL_UART_PL01X

-- 
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.