Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the thermal tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:14:35 +1100

Hi Zhang,

After merging the thermal tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from /scratch/sfr/next/init/main.c:27:0:
/scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/acpi.h: In function 'acpi_create_platform_device':
/scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/acpi.h:528:12: error: parameter name omitted
     struct acpi_device *)
            ^
In file included from /scratch/sfr/next/drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c:54:0:
/scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/acpi.h: In function 'acpi_create_platform_device':
/scratch/sfr/next/include/linux/acpi.h:528:12: error: parameter name omitted
     struct acpi_device *)
            ^

And so on ...

Caused by commit 55fe2ff57c7e ("ACPI: make
acpi_create_platform_device() an external API").  This build does not
have CONFIG_ACPI set.  This has come along a bit late. :-(

I have used the thermal tree from next-20141009 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]