Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the slave-dma tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:58:46 +1100

Hi Vinod,

After merging the slave-dma tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/dma/at_xdmac.c: In function 'at_xdmac_off':
drivers/dma/at_xdmac.c:317:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'writel_relaxed' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  at_xdmac_write(atxdmac, AT_XDMAC_GD, -1L);
  ^

Caused by commit e1f7c9eee707 ("dmaengine: at_xdmac: creation of the
atmel eXtended DMA Controller driver").

Also, lots of warnings like:

drivers/dma/at_xdmac.c: In function 'at_xdmac_prep_slave_sg':
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:64:16: warning: format '%x' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'dma_addr_t' [-Wformat=]
  static struct _ddebug  __aligned(8)   \
                ^
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:84:2: note: in expansion of macro 'DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA'
  DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA(descriptor, fmt);  \
  ^
include/linux/device.h:1107:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dynamic_dev_dbg'
  dynamic_dev_dbg(dev, format, ##__VA_ARGS__); \
  ^
drivers/dma/at_xdmac.c:621:3: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
   dev_dbg(chan2dev(chan),
   ^

I have used the slave-dma tree from next-20141106 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]