Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:12:16 +1100

Hi Jens,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_handler':
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156d92): undefined reference to `cdrom_mutex'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156da0): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoclose'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156dae): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoeject'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156dbc): undefined reference to `cdrom_debug'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156dca): undefined reference to `cdrom_lockdoor'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156dd8): undefined reference to `cdrom_check_media_type'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156e0b): undefined reference to `cdrom_list'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156e37): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoclose'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156e57): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoeject'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156e77): undefined reference to `cdrom_check_media_type'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156ea4): undefined reference to `cdrom_lockdoor'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x156eb5): undefined reference to `cdrom_list'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x15702e): undefined reference to `cdrom_mutex'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_print_info.constprop.0':
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x1570f3): undefined reference to `cdrom_list'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x157189): undefined reference to `cdrom_list'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_info':
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x1572c3): undefined reference to `cdrom_mutex'
cdrom_sysctl.c:(.text+0x1576dc): undefined reference to `cdrom_mutex'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_register':
(.text+0x157765): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoclose'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_register':
(.text+0x157781): undefined reference to `cdrom_autoeject'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_register':
(.text+0x15778e): undefined reference to `cdrom_debug'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_register':
(.text+0x15779b): undefined reference to `cdrom_lockdoor'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `cdrom_sysctl_register':
(.text+0x1577a8): undefined reference to `cdrom_check_media_type'

Probably caused by commit d01681d1457c ("cdrom: export sysctl code").
This build has CONFIG_SYSCTL=y, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=m,
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m, CONFIG_PARIDE_PCD=m, CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=m,
CONFIG_GDROM=n.

I have used the block tree from next-20141110 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]