Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the access_once tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 22:26:41 +1100

Hi Christian,

After merging the acess_once tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allnoconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c: In function 'find_linux_pte_or_hugepte':
arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c:981:3: error: invalid initializer
   pud  = ACCESS_ONCE(*pudp);
   ^
arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c:993:4: error: invalid initializer
    pmd  = ACCESS_ONCE(*pmdp);
    ^

These are preexisting ...

mm/gup.c: In function 'gup_pmd_range':
mm/gup.c:929:3: error: invalid initializer
   pmd_t pmd = ACCESS_ONCE(*pmdp);
   ^
mm/gup.c:929:3: error: (near initialization for 'pmd')

This is from commit f30c59e921f1 ("mm: Update generic gup
implementation to handle hugepage directory") from the powerpc-mpe (and
powerpc) tree and so will require a merge fix patch (presumable
s/ACCESS_ONCE/READ_ONCE/).

I am not sure how many architectures you are trying to cover, but
powerpc is one I care about :-)

I have dropped the access_once tree again today, sorry (its too late at
night).
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]