Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the spi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 23:05:17 +1100

Hi Mark,

After merging the spi tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/spi/spi-dln2.c: In function 'dln2_spi_copy_from_buf':
drivers/spi/spi-dln2.c:415:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'get_unaligned_le32' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    *d++ = get_unaligned_le32(s++);
    ^

Caused by commit ffb9ad0a47b4 ("spi: add support for DLN-2 USB-SPI adapter").

drivers/spi/spi-st-ssc4.c: In function 'spi_st_remove':
drivers/spi/spi-st-ssc4.c:427:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pinctrl_pm_select_sleep_state' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  pinctrl_pm_select_sleep_state(&pdev->dev);
  ^
drivers/spi/spi-st-ssc4.c: In function 'spi_st_runtime_resume':
drivers/spi/spi-st-ssc4.c:453:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pinctrl_pm_select_default_state' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  pinctrl_pm_select_default_state(dev);
  ^

Caused by commit cf9e9c98fa8c ("spi: Add new driver for
STMicroelectronics' SPI Controller").

To me COMPILE_TEST means "this builds everywhere, make sure it doesn't
break" ... not "lets set this and see if Stephen finds anything" :-)

I reverted both commits for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]