Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the slave-dma tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 14:48:17 +1100

Hi Vinod,

After merging the slave-dma tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c: In function 'atmel_spi_stop_dma':
drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c:485:26: error: 'struct dma_device' has no member named 'device_control'
   as->dma.chan_rx->device->device_control(as->dma.chan_rx,
                          ^
drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c:486:8: error: 'DMA_TERMINATE_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)
        DMA_TERMINATE_ALL, 0);
        ^
drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c:486:8: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/spi/spi-atmel.c:488:26: error: 'struct dma_device' has no member named 'device_control'
   as->dma.chan_tx->device->device_control(as->dma.chan_tx,
                          ^
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c: In function 'ux500_configure_channel':
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c:124:18: error: 'struct dma_device' has no member named 'device_control'
  dma_chan->device->device_control(dma_chan, DMA_SLAVE_CONFIG,
                  ^
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c:124:45: error: 'DMA_SLAVE_CONFIG' undeclared (first use in this function)
  dma_chan->device->device_control(dma_chan, DMA_SLAVE_CONFIG,
                                             ^
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c:124:45: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c: In function 'ux500_dma_channel_abort':
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c:249:34: error: 'struct dma_device' has no member named 'device_control'
   ux500_channel->dma_chan->device->
                                  ^
drivers/usb/musb/ux500_dma.c:251:6: error: 'DMA_TERMINATE_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)
      DMA_TERMINATE_ALL, 0);
      ^

Caused by commit f86999789afe ("dmaengine: Remove device_control and
device_slave_caps").

I have used the slave-dma tree from next-20141208 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]