Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 22:42:30 +1100

Hi Paul,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allnoconfig) failed like this:

include/linux/notifier.h:51:4: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
In file included from include/linux/memory_hotplug.h:6:0,
                 from include/linux/mmzone.h:790,
                 from include/linux/gfp.h:5,
                 from arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable.c:25:
include/linux/notifier.h:51:4: error: 'struct notifier_block' declared inside parameter list [-Werror]
    unsigned long action, void *data);
    ^

And many more (most just warnings ...).

Presumably caused by commit 44dec3761b63 ("srcu: Isolate srcu sections
using CONFIG_SRCU") and reverting that commit makes the messages go
away, so I have done that for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]