Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:30:47 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

mm/oom_kill.c:257:20: error: redefinition of 'task_will_free_mem'
 static inline bool task_will_free_mem(struct task_struct *task)
                    ^
In file included from /scratch/sfr/next/mm/oom_kill.c:20:0:
include/linux/oom.h:90:20: note: previous definition of 'task_will_free_mem' was here
 static inline bool task_will_free_mem(struct task_struct *task)
                    ^

Caused by commit 4bf284e597a4 ("oom: don't assume that a coredumping
thread will exit soon") from the akpm-current tree interacting with the
version that finally went into Linus' tree (commit d003f371b270 ("oom:
don't assume that a coredumping thread will exit soon")).

I removed the definition of task_will_free_mem() from the akpm-current
tree version.

Andrew: this sort of thing could be avoided if the actual set of
patches that you send to Linus were present in linux-next (even for a
day). :-(
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]