Subject: Re: linux-next: question about the luto-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 12:33:36 +1100

Hi Andy,

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:16:56 -0800 Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I'm re-adding the branch, since 3.19-rc1 is out, the change appears to
> still exist as-is in your tree, and it merges cleanly and builds in
> the latest -next for me.  Let me know if this will be problematic for
> any reason.

So, now we have a problem because Paul has rebased a whole set of
commits that you have in your tree.  Commits c6dc129cf2d1 to
f58d100f65ae in your tree Paul has rebased on top of v3.19-rc1.  If you
are going to base your tree on (part of) Paul's tree, then Paul has to
agree to not rebase that part of his tree or you have to keep a watch
on his tree and rebase you tree on top of those rebased commits.
Really, the first should happen.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]