Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 08:54:02 -0800

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 06:51:20PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> 
> After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> allyesconfig) failed like this:
> 
> In file included from arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h:30:0,
>                  from arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c:68:
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:366:21: error: field 'srcu' has incomplete type
>   struct srcu_struct srcu;
>                      ^
> include/linux/kvm_host.h:367:21: error: field 'irq_srcu' has incomplete type
>   struct srcu_struct irq_srcu;
>                      ^
> 
> Caused by commit f01a973369dd ("srcu: Isolate srcu sections using
> CONFIG_SRCU").  Please stop readding that commit after until it is
> fixed :-(
> 
> I have reverted that commit for today (again :-().

Hello, Stephen,

Please accept my apologies for the hassle!  I had removed that commit
for the duration of the merge window, and forgotten about it when I
re-added all my non-3.19 commits.  :-/

Could you please send your .config?  Or let me know whether it has
CONFIG_KVM=n?

Pranith, if Stephen has CONFIG_KVM=n, it might be best to move the
"select SRCU" to "config PPC" in arch/powerpc/Kconfig.  Are you able
to cross-build powerpc?

							Thanx, Paul