Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:29:08 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

mm/page-writeback.c: In function 'account_page_cleared':
mm/page-writeback.c:2122:23: error: 'struct address_space' has no member named 'backing_dev_info'
   dec_bdi_stat(mapping->backing_dev_info,
                       ^

Caused by commit d475bc581640 ("page_writeback: cleanup mess around
cancel_dirty_page()") (hmm, that commit has no Signed-off-by from
Andrew?) interacting with commit b83ae6d42143 ("fs: remove
mapping->backing_dev_info") from the block tree.

I have applied the following fix patch:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:23:41 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] fs: remove mapping->backing_dev_info fix

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 mm/page-writeback.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/mm/page-writeback.c b/mm/page-writeback.c
index a8397a6923be..ab922616e522 100644
--- a/mm/page-writeback.c
+++ b/mm/page-writeback.c
@@ -2119,7 +2119,7 @@ void account_page_cleared(struct page *page, struct address_space *mapping)
 {
 	if (mapping_cap_account_dirty(mapping)) {
 		dec_zone_page_state(page, NR_FILE_DIRTY);
-		dec_bdi_stat(mapping->backing_dev_info,
+		dec_bdi_stat(inode_to_bdi(mapping->host),
 				BDI_RECLAIMABLE);
 		task_io_account_cancelled_write(PAGE_CACHE_SIZE);
 	}
-- 
2.1.4

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]