Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 23

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:34:44 -0800

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 06:10:29PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> There will be no linux-next release on Monday (next-20150126).
> 
> Changes since 20150122:
> 
> Added tree:	kvms390
> Removed tree:	documentation (at maintainers request)
> 
> The vfs tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
> 
> The akpm tree lost a patch that turned up elsewhere.
> 
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 4500
>  4390 files changed, 174556 insertions(+), 78123 deletions(-)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
xtensa:allmodconfig fails with:

drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c: In function ‘drm_gem_cma_create’:
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c:110:2: error: implicit declaration of
function ‘dma_alloc_writecombine’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c:110:17: warning: assignment makes pointer
from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c: In function ‘drm_gem_cma_free_object’:
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c:193:3: error: implicit declaration of
function ‘dma_free_writecombine’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c: In function ‘drm_gem_cma_mmap_obj’:
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.c:330:2: error: implicit declaration of
function ‘dma_mmap_writecombine’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem_cma_helper.o] Error 1

Ultimately caused by 'drm: add Atmel HLCDC Display Controller support',
which selects DRM_GEM_CMA_HELPER.
DRM_ATMEL_HLCDC seems to be missing some dependencies, or possibly
DRM_GEM_CMA_HELPER (and/or every driver selecting it) needs to depend
on HAVE_DMA_ATTRS.

Ultimately this may result in allmodconfig/allyesconfig build failures
on all architectures which don't define HAVE_DMA_ATTRS.

Guenter