Subject: Re: [next-20150119]regression (mm)?

From: Nishanth Menon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:37:46 -0600

On 03:13-20150124, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> > >> On 09:39-20150123, Tyler Baker wrote:
[...]
> > >> > I just reviewed the boot logs for next-20150123 and there still seems
> > >> > to be a related issue. I've been boot testing
> > >> > multi_v7_defconfig+CONFIG_ARM_LPAE=y kernel configurations which still
> > >> > seem broken.
[...]
> Okay, proof of concept patch is below. It's going to break every other
> architecture with FIRST_USER_ADDRESS != 0, but I think it's cleaner way to
> go.

Testing on my end:

just ran through this set (+ logs similar to Tyler's from my side):

next-20150123 (multi_v7_defconfig == !LPAE)
 1:    BeagleBoard-X15(am57xx-evm): BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2219449
 2:                     dra72x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2219450
 3:                     dra7xx-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2219451
 4:                      omap5-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2219452
TOTAL = 4 boards, Booted Boards = 4, No Boot boards = 0

next-20150123-LPAE-Logging enabled[1] (multi_v7_defconfig +LPAE)
 1:    BeagleBoard-X15(am57xx-evm): BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2220938
 2:                     dra72x-evm: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2220943
 3:                     dra7xx-evm: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2220947
 4:                      omap5-evm: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2220955
TOTAL = 4 boards, Booted Boards = 0, No Boot boards = 4

next-20150123-LPAE-new-patch [2] (multi_v7_defconfig + LPAE)
 1:    BeagleBoard-X15(am57xx-evm): BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221047
 2:                     dra72x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221065
 3:                     dra7xx-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221069
 4:                      omap5-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221070
TOTAL = 4 boards, Booted Boards = 4, No Boot boards = 0

next-20150123-new-patch[2] (multi_v7_defconfig == !LPAE)
 1:                     am335x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221277
 2:                      am335x-sk: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221278
 3:                      am437x-sk: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221279 (unrelated)
 4:                    am43xx-epos: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221280
 5:                   am43xx-gpevm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221281
 6:    BeagleBoard-X15(am57xx-evm): BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221282
 7:                 BeagleBoard-XM: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221283 (unrelated)
 8:            beagleboard-vanilla: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221284
 9:               beaglebone-black: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221285
10:                     beaglebone: BOOT: FAIL: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221286 (unrelated)
11:                     dra72x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221287
12:                     dra7xx-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221288
13:                      omap5-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221289
14:                  pandaboard-es: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221290
15:             pandaboard-vanilla: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221291
16:                        sdp4430: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221292
TOTAL = 16 boards, Booted Boards = 13, No Boot boards = 3

next-20150123-new-patch[2] (omap2plus_defconfig)
 1:                     am335x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221653
 2:                      am335x-sk: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221654
 3:                      am437x-sk: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221656
 4:                    am43xx-epos: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221659
 5:                   am43xx-gpevm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221660
 6:    BeagleBoard-X15(am57xx-evm): BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221661
 7:                 BeagleBoard-XM: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221670
 8:            beagleboard-vanilla: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221676
 9:               beaglebone-black: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221683
10:                     beaglebone: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221690
11:                     dra72x-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221692
12:                     dra7xx-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221695
13:                      omap5-evm: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221700
14:                  pandaboard-es: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221704
15:             pandaboard-vanilla: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221707
16:                        sdp4430: BOOT: PASS: http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2221713
TOTAL = 16 boards, Booted Boards = 16, No Boot boards = 0

[1] http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2220994 (based on diff from Tyler B)
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/5698491/
-- 
Regards,
Nishanth Menon

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>