Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 3 (arc:defconfig build failure)

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 10:42:18 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 06:20:10PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Changes since 20150202:
> 
> The target-updates tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
> 
> The clk tree gained conflicts against the arm-soc tree.
> 
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 7173
>  7143 files changed, 301126 insertions(+), 167764 deletions(-)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
Building arc:defconfig ... failed
--------------
Error log:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `of_setup_earlycon':
(.init.text+0xb3e): undefined reference to `arc_early_base_baud'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `setup_earlycon':
(.init.text+0xcd0): undefined reference to `arc_early_base_baud'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

This is due to "ARC: Dynamically determine BASE_BAUD from DeviceTree".
arc:defconfig does not define CONFIG_SERIAL_8250 and thus also not
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE, but it looks like it is mandatory
after this patch.

Guenter