Subject: Re: Update for drm-intel.git branches

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:05:12 +1100

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 10:28:16 +0100 Daniel Vetter <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I've renamed the topic/core-stuff branch to topic/drm-misc in the
> drm-intel.git. I'll leave the old branch around until you've updated
> your scripts, please reply when you've done that.

I have updates that branch now.

> Another thing: Nowadays I have 2-3 special-purpose topic branches per
> kernel release, and at least with some of them I think it would be
> good to include them into linux-next. Would it be possible for your
> scripts to pick up the list of -next branches to pick up dynamically
> from some file? That would also simplify things with the
> for-linux-next branch, which is an alias to different branches
> depending upon where in the release cycle we are.

I can't think of an easy way to do that.  What others do is merge such
branches into a (stably named) branch that I include in linux-next.
When the topic branches get updated, you either just merge them into
the linux-next included branch again, or you reset that branch (to some
upstream) and remerge all the topic branches (like in the case when one
or more is not just fast forwarding or is removed).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]